...................... 16 PARACHUTE FIELD AMBULANCE (Airborne Medics) ......................
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Severn Valley ww2 Weekend

5 posters

Go down

Severn Valley ww2 Weekend  Empty Severn Valley ww2 Weekend

Post  brian Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:19 am

Hi Guys , Just to let you know that me and Val attended this event on sunday and what a very hot day it was! so for something completely differnt i had KD and Normal BD and went as a returning member of 16 pfa from North Africa ,Scilly and Italy , and how comfortable it was!
I have not been to this event for a couple of years now and what a change ! Years ago it was a Mecca for reenactors and you could allways bet on high standards etc , this time besides a small percentage it was poor , the small percentage started with the Provost corporal from Eden Camp who spotted me and made his way over to me and we had a little chat , the other was , while haveing a break from it all and haveing lunch down by the river i was acosted by two fallshircmjagers!!! in the guise of paul Brennen and philip smith -keary! and we had a giggle and look forward to seeing pip in BD in our ranks again in the not to distant future! high light of the day was when a couple of civies stopped me and thought that i was a member of the 101st Airborne ! what a utter Fuckwit! this was by no meens the only ocasion when jo public are so so clueless! i will go again but as a civvie as i seem to be a magnet for every fuckwit and his wife! it is better in numbers as a collective unit, and as i was wearing with Pride! the 16 pfa uniform i would not enter into a argument with jo public to put them right , on the funny side i met a few of the stars from allo allo , the policeman, leuntant Gruber, Herr Flick! Helga and mimi along with either carrstairs or currethers , i must admit that the Policeman was my personal favourite of the series! how that guy made me laugh ! Laughing Laughing Laughing
brian
brian

Back to top Go down

Severn Valley ww2 Weekend  Empty Re: Severn Valley ww2 Weekend

Post  Andy Wood Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:05 am

Officer Crabtree!........good moaning.....I was pissing by your door and hord you shitting at me.
Andy Wood
Andy Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Padre Matt Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:06 am

Good Moaning Brian ! Ah the policeman with the Edward Heath french accent. Funny I don't recall him being introduced with a french cover name, he was indeed only ever Officer Crabtree, the british [useless] spy. Lucky you to meet some many people from the series. I didn't watch many of the later ones but the first series was quite funny for what it was. Funny how it seemed to run longer than the series it was shamelessly ripping off, Secret Army. Wink
16PFA in the Desert eh..? Nice one, very nice. I bet thats something thats never been seen on the shows circuit, a KD assemblage of RAMC Airborne troops! Smile

Regards

Matt
Padre Matt
Padre Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:07 am

brian wrote:Hi Guys , Just to let you know that me and Val attended this event on sunday and what a very hot day it was! so for something completely differnt i had KD and Normal BD and went as a returning member of 16 pfa from North Africa ,Scilly and Italy , and how comfortable it was!
I have not been to this event for a couple of years now and what a change ! Years ago it was a Mecca for reenactors and you could allways bet on high standards etc , this time besides a small percentage it was poor , the small percentage started with the Provost corporal from Eden Camp who spotted me and made his way over to me and we had a little chat , the other was , while haveing a break from it all and haveing lunch down by the river i was acosted by two fallshircmjagers!!! in the guise of paul Brennen and philip smith -keary! and we had a giggle and look forward to seeing pip in BD in our ranks again in the not to distant future! high light of the day was when a couple of civies stopped me and thought that i was a member of the 101st Airborne ! what a utter Fuckwit! this was by no meens the only ocasion when jo public are so so clueless! i will go again but as a civvie as i seem to be a magnet for every fuckwit and his wife! it is better in numbers as a collective unit, and as i was wearing with Pride! the 16 pfa uniform i would not enter into a argument with jo public to put them right , on the funny side i met a few of the stars from allo allo , the policeman, leuntant Gruber, Herr Flick! Helga and mimi along with either carrstairs or currethers , i must admit that the Policeman was my personal favourite of the series! how that guy made me laugh ! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Good on you Brian, and did you get any pics? Very Happy

And you met Paul and Pip eh? Thats pretty funny as Pip contacted me last month to say that he was no longer doing WW2 re enactment as he was too commited time wise with collage and work etc, hence why he is no longer on the 16 PFA email list or this forum Wink

It seems there is a lot of saying one thing and doing another with a lot of people out there Rolling Eyes

Kenny
Kenny
Kenny

https://16pfa.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  commando sniper Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:20 pm

Phils house is literally 5 mins down the road from Kidderminster station, it took me 2 weeks of badgering to get him to go along for the day though Laughing

Paul.
commando sniper
commando sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:17 pm

Yes Matt 16 pfa north africa , kd with khaki Bd does look rather swanky! and does highlight the fact that despite jo publics general idea that 1st Airborne were only at Arnhem and did this to highlight the fact that it had served long before 6th Airborne had thier Baptisim of Fire!
I was very pleased when an old guy commented just back from the Med eh! and then correctly said !st Airborne!
Thats the thing about these events , either some very interesting people or total brain dead! would be nice to portray 16pfa at some event in KD that is of course if chaps have it . I also note that in Nails Book 16pfa also wore a combination of Denimn Trousers with BD were also worn,

Officer Crabtree! oh yes ! his name i forgot completely due to excitement ! Laughing
brian
brian

Back to top Go down

Post  Padre Matt Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:11 pm

Yes you are right Brian, and it is often available pretty cheaply. I know when 4th Indians wanted some KD for a couple of display dummies for stretchers someone on a forum literally gave away a bunch of uniform items.
regards
Matt
Padre Matt
Padre Matt

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:38 am

Padre Matt wrote:Yes you are right Brian, and it is often available pretty cheaply. I know when 4th Indians wanted some KD for a couple of display dummies for stretchers someone on a forum literally gave away a bunch of uniform items.
regards
Matt
Bugger me! not really just a figure of speech! i paid a £100 for my kd trousers! then they were mint! and my size , dated 1943 they still have the seamtress pencil marks on them ,
brian
brian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum