...................... 16 PARACHUTE FIELD AMBULANCE (Airborne Medics) ......................
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

F/Sgt (Acting W/O) Eric 'Mick' Millard

+3
Dickie
Kenny
Shaun
7 posters

Go down

F/Sgt (Acting W/O) Eric 'Mick' Millard Empty F/Sgt (Acting W/O) Eric 'Mick' Millard

Post  Shaun Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:37 am

hi all,

at 2030hrs tonight my grandfather passed away after both kidneys failed he was 89. For those that dont know. he served as an Air Signaller within coastal command flying on RAF B24 Liberator's. The last of his crew to die and will be sorely missed by my family and I. So as you can guess i will not be around for much for the next 2 weeks. But in typical squaddie humour. I guess i will now be able to afford that Airborne JEEP i have been eyeing up.

Stand easy, grandad... Stand easy.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

F/Sgt (Acting W/O) Eric 'Mick' Millard Empty Re: F/Sgt (Acting W/O) Eric 'Mick' Millard

Post  Kenny Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:39 am

Shaun wrote:hi all,

at 2030hrs tonight my grandfather passed away after both kidneys failed he was 89. For those that dont know. he served as an Air Signaller within coastal command flying on RAF B24 Liberator's. The last of his crew to die and will be sorely missed by my family and I. So as you can guess i will not be around for much for the next 2 weeks. But in typical squaddie humour. I guess i will now be able to afford that Airborne JEEP i have been eyeing up.

Stand easy, grandad... Stand easy.

Sorry to hear this Shaun Shocked

Tina and I are thinking about you mucker and as you say in mil humour hes going to a better location to be with his mates.

Kenny & Tina
Kenny
Kenny

https://16pfa.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

F/Sgt (Acting W/O) Eric 'Mick' Millard Empty Re: F/Sgt (Acting W/O) Eric 'Mick' Millard

Post  Dickie Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:59 am

Sorry to hear that news - my thoughts are with you and your family at the moment.

Dickie
Dickie
Dickie

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Wood Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:39 am

My condolences mate, lost my Grandad when I was 16, hit me hard but have some brilliant memories as I'm sure you do.
R.I.P Mr Millard.
Andy Wood
Andy Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  brian Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:23 pm

Sorry for your loss deepest condolences
brian
brian

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:30 pm

Hi all,

Thanks for your support. I went to the chapel of rest yesterday to say goodbye. Just awaiting the funeral. But onwards and upwards as they say.

Thankyou all once again.
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  lanceng156 Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:22 am

Mine and Cat's thoughts to you and your family mate. Crying or Very sad

As they say last man in the mess buys the first round, hope he has a good reunion with his crew and the Sqn.

Danny - non est ad astra mollis e terris via

lanceng156
lanceng156

Back to top Go down

Post  commando sniper Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:24 am

We are both thinking of you mate. I hope the pain of loss fades, with cherished memories being left to comfort you....

Paul.
commando sniper
commando sniper

Back to top Go down

Post  Shaun Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:51 am

Cheers both for your condolences...

Shaun
Shaun
Shaun

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum